Monday, January 7, 2013

Get Ready to Update Your Bookmarks!



Last week I talked about my goals – both personal and professional – in the new year and, after a very productive weekend in front of my amazing new computer, I am attacking them!  Granted, many of my business goals are overarching and will continue to evolve over time.  But I am starting to get to the point that I think I might need to sit down again in a few months, dream bigger, and list a new set of goals for the year!

That leads me into talking about my first big change of the year; a decision that I have wrestled with making over the past few months.  After seeking the advice of my go-to businessman (my hubby to be!), talking with other bloggers, and talking with other photographers, it all came down to trusting my gut.

I started Dolcetto Confections four years ago to document my nights at pastry school with my target audience being my family.  It has evolved over the years to include recipes and, most recently, has been a place to showcase my photography. I began to realize last year that there were many times I would refer someone to my blog to see my photography, but that referring them to a blog about my kitchen adventures did not really make the most business sense.  And as I began to truly recognize my passion for photography, I was not so faithful in putting up what I was actually cooking and baking.

So starting today, there will be two blogs.  If you are one of those people who keeps checking back here for me to finally post a new recipe, keep your browser pointing right here.  Dolcetto Confections will be returning to the original purpose of being a recipe blog.

And if you are one of those people who like following my life and photography, I invite you to follow me at www.allisonmannellablog.com.  And I will be sure to let you know whenever there is a delicious recipe waiting for you on Dolcetto Confections!

I hope all of this makes sense – though writing it out makes it seem far less complicated than I had imagined.  And, as always, thank you all who keep checking back to this space for updates.  You put a smile on my face every day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs