Friday, October 15, 2010

Spice Cupboard: Fall Baking

DSC_0012

A cool fall breeze swirled its way through Manhattan this week, bidding farewell to summer days and shifting my thoughts towards mulled apple cider and creamy pumpkin pie.

With the changing of the seasons, as you pull out your cozy sweaters and warm corduroys, it is also time to asses the preparedness of another closet - your spice cupboard.

Dreaming of all the warm, homey desserts I have planned for this fall, here are the spices I checked and replenished as necessary in my own cupboard: ground all-spice, whole all-spice, cardamom, ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, ground cloves, whole cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.

Ensuring your fall baking spices are fresh and stocked will ensure plenty of happy baking days ahead.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite time of year! You are definitely my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I made a to-be-posted recipe requiring all-spice, cinnamon, and cloves - and the smells made me miss home quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs