Monday, September 13, 2010

White Cake with Vanilla Bean Buttercream

DSC_0110

On Saturday, a group of wonderful people gathered in a beautiful backyard in Brooklyn to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a sweet baby boy.

I wanted to create a sophisticated cake for the occasion and finally decided on a simple white cake with vanilla bean buttercream, colored to a robin egg blue.

DSC_0112

Using a small pedal tip, I created whimsical zig-zags around the top and bottom of the cake with uncolored buttercream.

I served mini whoopie pies alongside the cake, which visually contrasted nicely with the cake, but also provided a taste of chocolate.

DSC_0138

It was a gorgeous afternoon, complete with good food, great company and much excitement.

I can hardly wait to meet 'Little Erik'!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin Brewin NightwineSeptember 13, 2010 at 8:59 AM

    Thank you SO MUCH for the beautiful and delicious cake for our baby shower! What a wonderful surprise — it just made our day even more special. I can't even begin to explain how good the cake was. I woke up yesterday morning and couldn't wait to have a left-over piece for breakfast. Unfortunately, Erik wouldn't let me. I can't promise that there will be any left after this a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake looks soooo good!! I love the piped details! I've never seen that before!
    Would you mind checking out my blog? :D ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs