Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day Macarons


Valentine’s Day.

 

Somehow it kind of snuck up on me this year.

 

I had all these wonderful gift ideas and card-making ideas.  I even wrote them on colored Post-Its in my planner, just so I wouldn’t forget.

 

And then, last week after three sixteen hour work days, I realized it was Thursday. 

 

I fell behind on actually producing and mailing my wonderful ideas.

 

I fell behind just like updating my blog.

 

And my website.

 

And the housework.

 

And my running.

 

And when I spoke with my Mumsy on Valentine’s Day, I realized that my store-bought cards hadn’t even reached my loved ones in time.

 

“I feel bad, I had all these wonderful gift ideas,” I complained to my Mum.

 

“Don’t feel bad, you’re busy.”

 

“Maybe next year won’t be so busy,” I hoped.

 

“We always think that,” Mum responds, more than likely shaking her head at her twenty-something daughter who, evidently, still has a lot to learn.

  

Sigh.

 

For now, I will steal one of Mike’s Valentine’s Day macarons, complete with a healthy dose of Nutella between the chewy shells to lighten my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs