Monday, January 5, 2009

Accepted!

I received a most welcome phone call today - I have been accepted into the Pastry Arts & Baking program at the Institute of Culinary Education.

Beginning in March, I will continue to work full-time and, again, become a full-time student. Classes will be held after-work Monday through Thursday for nine months. My schedule will undoubtedly become hectic and chaotic. And my disposable income will all but disappear while I pay for the program. But I couldn't be more excited to temporarily give up these luxuries - especially when I know I will be able to pursue my passion as a career at the end of it.

I go tomorrow after work to finalize the paperwork and get fitted for my chef's uniform. March suddenly seems too far away.

I do not typically run on Mondays and today was no exeption. Instead, I lift weights to help strengthen my upper body, especially my shoulders. I also tried out a new core program for runners. I think it will be a nice addition to my weekly workouts. T-5 days until the first race of 2009.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun talking with you last night and aren't you having fun preparing for the new adventure.
    I miss you and wish we were all tgether but the blog keeps me current with your life. thanks and love Grammie

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs